Saturday, July 7, 2012

Camino Day Nineteen

Saturday, June 9, 2012
Leon to Villar de Mazarife
22.2 km (13.8 miles)


Morning picture in Leon
Rachel, Amber, Andrew, Colleen, Adam


It was a cold morning! We did set out early, around 7 a.m. or so, but it was something like 8* C, which is around 46* F. A little cold for this lady, especially in shorts.






leaving Leon


Bodegas--where wine is kept, because it has a constant temperature





Part of "the group:" Mitch, Colleen, Lee, Andrew, and Jeff

That day we planned on walking on past the stage in the book, but we stayed where the group was staying. Adam and I were given a private room--just one bunk bed instead of many! :) There ground floor of the albergue was a bar, so Adam watched the Euros football game there with a bunch of people. I took a break from the group, eating nutella out of the jar and playing around on the internet on the iPod.

From my journal: The laziness of the afternoons and evenings is starting to wear on me. I really think if I had a book, or maybe if we walked a little bit later into the day, I wouldn't feel as bored. I know I should relish this free time, but it is a daily occurrence--it is not something I'm lacking in my life right now.

No comments: