Saturday, July 7, 2012

Camino Day Eight

Wednesday, May 30, 2012
From Logrono to Najera
30.1 km (18.7 miles)


This was one of our earliest mornings. I had slept in my (clean) clothes, and packed my bag and laid out my toiletries the night before so I could just grab them and head to the women's bathroom (which was on the next floor down) with all my stuff. We left the albergue at 5:30 a.m. or so.




We had to walk several miles to get out of Logrono. First we walked through the city itself (pretty unremarkable, according to my journal), then the camino went through a big park. We eventually also went through more of a wilderness park area and came across a big lake, which was the biggest body of water we had seen so far in Spain. 





The barrel says Rioja, which is the region we were in. The fountain has a conch shell, and there is a camino sign at the top of the photo. From my journal: We are in La Rioja region, so we saw lots and lots (and lots) of vineyards with baby grape vines.





From my journal: Spent the night in Najera at the municipal hostel. When we got there, there were 40 or so teenagers who were also spending the night. They were polite and quiet enough. Shopped and had dinner with A and Caroline. Spoke to Frieda more--we had talked before but didn't know each others' names. The bunk beds were pushed together, I guess for space, so Adam and I got to snuggle on a space larger than a twin bed :) Had lots of snorers around us :(

No comments: