Saturday, July 7, 2012

Camino Day Fifteen

Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Carrion to Moratinos
30 km (18.6 miles)


Morning picture Day 15





Rachel and Adam on the meseta. We passed the time by playing Would You Rather Camino Version. An example of one the questions I was asked: Would you rather eat cold chickpeas out of the jar every meal or ice cream every meal for a week? This was actually hard for me to answer--ice cream just doesn't do it for me like it used to, and I've been craving things like chickpeas, beans, lentils, etc. An example of one of Adam's questions to answer: Would you rather get to an albergue and only have a bucket of yogurt to eat or only have a bucket of every one else's leftover apple cores to eat? Even though he doesn't like yogurt very much, he chose that. 


stopping to sit/rest/play

From my journal: It feels surreal here at this albergue (San Bruno). It is a nice albergue (and new), as they go, with chaise lounges and a small pool to dip your feet in. Hot (enough) showers. But we are in a town of 20 people--the church seems to be falling apart, we saw not a soul as we walked through the streets to get here--we were even the first people to arrive, just after 2.

The walk was not especially inspiring today. We did meet a Belgian man who started walking in Belgium and is headed to Santiago--he has been hiking 8 weeks, which he has marked in notches on his wooden walking staff. 

I am bored here. Most definitely because there is not a group of people we know around us. Also because I do not have a book, and I don't want to spend hours and hours on the iPod. Also because there is no market in town, so we are not filling some time with that or preparing food. I miss being able to cook my own meals. 

No comments: