Saturday, June 30, 2012

Camino Day Three

Friday, May 25, 2012
Larrasoana to Pamplona
20.9 km (13.0 miles)


Morning photo
John, Rachel, Adam


We saw a ton of snails and slugs on the trail when we first started. There's a little snail friend in this picture, can you see it?


These guys sold pastries, toast, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. out of their garage. And they had their own stamp too (for our pilgrim's passports), which is fun and a big deal for those just starting out on the camino. At the lower left corner of the house, you can see Adam and John. 


Cafe con leche and cafe americano, Adam's and my regular, respectively










An Oktoberfest event. In May. At a bullring in Spain. And when we walked in, the Spanish lady was singing a pop song by an American performer.



St. Francis of Assisi 


St. James

The albergue was not yet open when we got to Pamplona, so I waited there to hold our spot while the guys got lunch. It turned out to be completely unnecessary for me to wait, but I still felt the sting from paying 15 euros per person the previous night and wanted to ensure a spot in this municipal albergue. From my journal: While sitting there, I answered the same questionnaire 3x for different groups of school children. One kid asked me where I'm from, and I told his teacher I'm from Tennessee, which is where Elvis Presley is from. The boy then said something about Hannah Montana, which is the second time a pre-teen has mentioned her.

Later: We saw Dana (Canadian) and Michael (English), who invited us for beer. We had a great time chatting with them. Before that we had seen Anna and Tuna, two Norwegian girls, very friendly, who started the camino in LePuy and will walk for a total of 10 weeks.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Love the Oktoberfest bullring spanish singing american pop bit. Isn't Pamplona AWESOME?