Saturday, June 30, 2012

Camino Day Four

Saturday, May 26, 2012
Pamplona to Puente La Reina
24.1 km (~15 miles)


Morning photo--our hiking partner had food poisoning



Walking up Alto del Perdon (Hill of Forgiveness)


The wind turbines on Alto del Perdon



(my husband is an amazing photographer, isn't he? I just noticed the jet streams at the top of the photo)
From my journal: We didn't get right up next to the windmills, but they are huge.


Poppies became my most-favorite-flower-ever on this trip! From my journal: I just can't get enough of them, whether it's one or two randomly placed among weeds and other wildflowers or thousands of them in a field.









From my journal: The trail is marked (so far): by tiles that are blue with a yellow shell, yellow arrows, shell plaques, or stones in the sidewalk. It has not been too difficult to follow the camino, and it has been well-marked in cities (by the above signs as well as street signs).


More from my journal: I have a bruise on my left foot from the tongue of my Keens. My legs and sometimes lower back are sore and my feet hurt (general pain). But it's all to be expected, after hiking at least 10 miles day after day, then maybe walking more around a city, and sleeping on bunk beds each night.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

I LOVE POPPIES