Thursday, August 9, 2007

We continue our respective volunteering. I find it harder and harder to leave the babies at the Crisis Nursery each time I go there. I finally made it (by minibus) out to KASO, only to find that no one was there! They are training volunteers this week. Youth Care Ministries will slow way down for the "winter holiday," so the boys get a break from lessons. The teacher there plans on doing two hours or so of lessons each day. I am not completely sure I want to spend as much time there in that case, but I think I will take over some DVDs (good English language practice for the boys!:) and maybe Boggle (I brought that game with us from the US).

We got tickets for the CPT (Christian Peacemaker Teams) delegation, as well as an email with bios on our teammates. The next three months still holds a lot for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What hard workers you both are, I am very proud of both of you.

Love to you both,

Ohio Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel & Adam,

You continue to be in my prayers and I am proud of the work you are doing.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

It's going to be a wonder to see how the Lord leads you after these fabulous months in Malawi and after the ones to come. When do you join the Peacemakers? How long will that last?

Don and Mary are arriving here in Conway tonight for just one day with Grammy T. It's not the greatest timing, as we have 14 people coming for dinner on Saturday, but we'll enjoy having them around. We'll get their report on you.

Love you both!
Grammer & Grandy