Friday, July 20, 2007











The first picture is Edward. Is he not beautiful?! The second is the Gondwe family: Jessie (sp?)--Luzu's older sister, Joseph--nephew, Luzu, Charity, and Catherine. Doris was already at school when we took the picture. The third is Catherine making us donuts for breakfast--yum! That was a week ago or so, but we had donuts today as well. The next picture is Catherine making peanut flour for a delicious dish, the name of which I cannot remember. The last one is me at SASO.

I do not know if any of my Oyster family reads this, but Happy Birthday to my Grandma Lois! I know that my mom can pass on the greeting for me! (hint, hint)
This weekend we have some events planned through Don and Mary (of course). Tomorrow is a ground-breaking ceremony for a hospital, to which the Minister of Health invited us all. I am pretty sure the Malawian president will be there. The other thing, the event about which I know more, is a program honoring Nancy Dimmock, the woman who started the Crisis Nursery where I have been volunteering. The times of the events might conflict, so maybe we will go to just one of them.

I love going to the Crisis Nursery. I even had a dream about some of them Wednesday night! I did not get to go yesterday (Thursday), and I really missed the babies. There is a baby named Chinsinsi (Cheen-seen-see) with whom I have bonded a bit. Today I got to hold Miriam (whose twin brother is Moses)--she was so content and lovely!
-Rachel
PS Sorry if this post turns out looking really weird--I had some issues while copying the pictures and typing!

No comments: