Monday, June 18, 2007

Oh! Before I forget, I want to tell you all what an AMAZING friend I have in Bob Chicago (that's not his real last name:)

The night before we left for Africa, I called Bob to say goodbye. He asked when we were flying out of Cleveland and told me that he was going to be flying into Cleveland right at that time. Just enough time to miss each other!

So Adam and I are headed toward our gate an hour and a half before our flight to DC when this man said something to Adam. I was prepared to keep walking, but I looked over and it was BOB! He had called the taxi driver to pick him up earlier than planned, gotten up at 3:45 a.m., and taken an earlier flight so he could send us off in style--with Cleveland Sunrise bagels!

Thank you Bob! You deserve some recognition for that! (Even if it is on this blog:)
Rachel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah! i love that you are updating extensively! :)

love you!
leah

Anonymous said...

I got all the recognition I needed when I saw the shock on your faces. Plus, I couldn't think of two people I know who deserved breakfast more than you two about to live on a shoestring in Africa trying to help others. Hope the bagels stuck to your ribs :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the info, you must have been typing like crazy, that's my girl!!

Chicago Bob could give lesson's on being a good friend, wow, that brought tears to my eyes.

Look forward to seeing your pictures when you get back. Are you journaling as well?

Love you tons and tons